Thursday, November 26, 2009

The Truth

This semester we had a class canceled, leading to the inability for a couple of our scheduled readings to be covered due to the time constraints of the semester. One of the readings that we did not get to this semester was Sojourner Truth's "Ain't I a Woman."
I had no intention of reading this, but after our revolution last Monday night, I found myself contemplating it.
One of the lines that really struck me while reading was " Where did your Christ come from? Where did your Christ come from? From God and a woman! Man had nothing to do with Him." A more compelling argument I have never heard, though it made my mind go in directions I am sure that were not meant by Truth. The more I thought about this statement, the more I realized how amazing our God is. We have a God that was born without the aid of a human male. A God without a human father. We have the most amazing father in heaven that decided to send his son to save us and we had nothing to do with it. And that, dear friends, is the truth.
(Please excuse the lateness of these posts, Internet access was not available due to unforeseen circumstances)

No comments:

Post a Comment