Thursday, November 26, 2009

Is it justifiable??

Is killing for a good reason justifiable? If you kill someone in your defense, is it okay? what about if you kill someone as a punishment (death sentence)?

In class we compared Raskolnikov killing the pawn broker with the American Revolution. However, when we discussed whether or not murder for a good cause was justifiable, no one brought up Locke. Didn't he say that revolution and attack were okay if you were being oppressed? I'm not saying that I do or don't have an opinion on the subject, because I'm still gathering information so that I can form an opinion. I just found it strange that after ALL the time we spent discussing Locke and his reasoning behind revolution, that not ONE person mentioned his point of view during the discussion.

No comments:

Post a Comment