Friday, November 27, 2009

Raskolnikov

I can't decide if I think Raskolnikov is a good man. He ends up being a decent person towards the end up the book, but was he always a decent guy that was just troubled? The reason I keep wondering this is because when he has the dream about the little girl turning into a grown woman, it's showing that his conscience is getting to him and he does care about these people. It scares him to see what he had been doing to these girls, treating them like harlots. If he was a decent person he would have never had that dream about these little girls. He would have just kept on doing what he was doing. I think after he realized he had all these people that really cared for him, that's when he started caring for other people. I guess I just refust to believe that people can do things without having any sympathy or compassion.

No comments:

Post a Comment