Thursday, November 26, 2009

It seems like thankfulness has become a theme for my blogs today. As we read through all of the stories which were so degrading towards women, I realized how thankful I really am for living in a society were women are treated as equals. I cannot imagine living in a time where women are seen as nothing but flighty, emotional beings that are only useful as housewives. I struggle enough when people call me a dumb blonde!
At the time many of the works were written, women were either isolated in their homes or worked in terrible conditions for a lot less pay than men. The only education women were able to receive were to help them develop skills in the home. Women were only seen as display wives and mothers.
Finally, after much struggle, women have earned their place in society. They are now seen as equals and are able to do as much or more than men.
...definitely something we should all be thankful for!

No comments:

Post a Comment