Thursday, November 26, 2009

Eliza Rocks!!!



When we discussed Mrs. Warren's Profession and George Bernard Shaw in class, we ended up discussing Pygmalion as well. It was also brought up that the modern-day movie version of Pygmalion is "My Fair Lady."

Well, I have yet ANOTHER reference to inform you all of :)

The whole time we're discussing Eliza Doolittle and "My Fair Lady" and Pygmalion, scenes from the movie "Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen" kept popping into my head (Do you know where I'm going with this yet?). The movie is about a girl who dreams of being a hollywood actress when she's older, so she auditions for the school musical, "Eliza Rocks" - the story of Pygmalion set to modern-day New York City.

I know it's very random, but if you know me, this isn't unusual. I have these kind of allusions in my head all the time haha

So, the next time you happen to see the movie "Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen," try to catch the Pygmalion references - they're there :)


Here's the scene in the movie where they perform the musical (the musical stops around 4:51)
**the most noticeable reference is around 2:31 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment