Tuesday, November 10, 2009

A Raskol of a fellow

What an idiot. An idiot a lot like me, minus the trying-to-better-society-through-murder and the self-destruction and the contemptuous-thoughts.

Seriously. I get the idea of talking too much to act. If it's not talking too much, it's thinking too much for me. Deadlines have to be made for me to accomplish tasks accordingly; and then when they are, I get them completed much earlier on (usually).


Raskolnikov could have used some deadlines in his life.

It seems like once Raskolnikov left the school and began his idle journey toward Hamletism (yes, I dare!), the doings of society began to directly affect his life. Should have kept busy with school/work, Raskolnikov; you might have just become a despaired philosopher instead of a murderer. In keeping idle and without deadlines, words he heard sparked a plan within to murder the pawnbroker, and with continued idle time, he executed this very task.

Really, I don't have too much to say on this topic, but I would like a comment back on this question if possible: Does anyone believe that, as realistically as you can imagine in this story; if Raskolnikov had stayed with the school, his mindset still deteriorating per say, and if his time was regularly spent with that and whatever other required tasks to sustain himself, does anyone believe that had he been around to hear those vocally-expressed thoughts on killing the old pawnbroker, would he have still murdered her?

No comments:

Post a Comment