Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Corruption in the Church

Wow, its been a long time since I last posted a blog. Anyhow, I would like to take this one to write about my research paper. Its funny how it turned out. I started off writing it, thinking that I would be writing it on Mill and Bentham, NOT EVEN CLOSE. I winded up changing my topic 4 weeks out to The problem of evil. And wow, I had three topics I was going to cover in the paper but, WHAM, I start off by writing on corruption in the church and, can I say, there is plenty of material on that. So im thinking, hey, if I can get at least 3-4 pages out of this topic that should do it. Funny thing though, as I started, I started to notice how the arguments of Paine and Voltaire, who I used as my authors, were almost completely based on logic and the fact that the church was so corrupt. I just kept writing and writing and writing, and things just kept coming to me. In the end, I wrote 12 pages just on that 1 topic. I think that that should speak volumes to us as Christians. You can start to see it nowadays, but with the catholic priests, tax-evading ministers, etc, etc, etc, its easy to see why so many people are turned off to Christianity. Its def time for christians to be exactly that, christians. Thats all I have to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment